Blade: VG-MAX high-carbon stainless-steel, damascus clad
Handle: D-shaped pakka-wood.
Japanese chef knives are brittle and are designed for cutting soft tissue foods. Carbon steel chef knives can rust if not kept dry.
The ultra-versatile Shun Classic Master Utility combines the nimbleness of a utility knife with the do-it-all capabilities of a chef's knife. The blade is slightly longer and significantly wider, so you can easily accomplish a wide range of food preparation tasks while enjoying the ease of use and agility of a compact knife. Extra width at the heel and a slightly curved belly enables rocking cuts to easily mince herbs and spices. A larger handle gives you a secure, comfortable, and confident grip as you work. The Shun Classic Master Utility's downturned tip (similar to a kiritsuke) is extra durable. Slice, dice, shred, or portion; you can do it all with this one very beautiful, very functional, kitchen knife.
- Combines the nimbleness of a utility knife with the do-it-all capabilities of a chef's knife
- Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core is wear and corrosion resistant, strong, and very fine-grained to enable a razor-sharp, long-lasting 16° edge
- 34 layers of stainless Damascus cladding each side (68 total); support the core, add stain resistance, and help food release from the blade
- D-shaped ebony PakkaWood® handles are comfortable for both left- and right-handed users; durable, beautiful, and won't harbor bacteria
- Full composite tang for light weight and perfect balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
Features + Details
- Use Cheese & Charcuterie, Vegetable & Fruit
- Status NEW
- Blade Shape Utility
- Country of Origin Japan
- Warranty Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Blade Length 6.5 in. (165mm)
- Blade Steel VG–MAX
- Blade Steel Layers 69 layer Damascus
- Blade Edge Non-Serrated
- Handle Material Ebony color PakkaWood®