Also called a tomato or sandwich knife, the Shun Sora Serrated Utility Knife is a blade with many uses. In size, it's between the chef's knife and the paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. The serrated edge makes it ideal for slicing foods with tough skins and soft interiors—such as avocados. It works well on sausages, especially those with tougher casing, and with hard cheeses. Shun Sora provides handcrafted Japanese quality at an amazing price.
- The perfect knife for medium-sized tasks
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology puts high-performance VG10 steel on the cutting edge and highly corrosion-resistant Japanese 420J stainless steel on the blade upper
- San mai edge construction protects and supports the VG10 cutting core; razor-sharp, single-bevel 16° edge for quick, easy cutting
- Traditional handle design in textured PP/TPE polymer blend provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain
- Blade tang extends all the way to the embossed handle medallion for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Blade Length 5.5 in. (140mm)
- Blade Steel VG10
- Blade Steel Layers 3 layer, san mai edge
- Blade Edge Serrated
- Handle Material Textured TPE
The best sharpening tools for Japanese knives are leather strops and fine whetstones.