A utility knife is between a chef's knife and a paring knife, but its blade is narrower and straighter. This makes it perfect for a multitude of small tasks where more precise cuts are needed, such as trimming broccoli, green beans, or other smaller vegetables. Utility knives are sometimes called sandwich knives because they work well on almost everything that goes into a sandwich—from thin-skinned vegetables such as tomatoes, to meats and cheeses.
- One of the top 3 must-have kitchen knives
- Proprietary Composite Blade Technology puts high-performance VG10 steel on the cutting edge and highly corrosion-resistant Japanese 420J stainless steel on the blade upper
- San mai edge construction protects and supports the VG10 cutting core; razor-sharp 16° edge for quick, easy cutting
- Traditional handle design in textured PP/TPE polymer blend provides a contemporary look, secure grip and balance, and is easy to maintain
- Blade tang extends all the way to the embossed handle medallion for strength and balance
- Handcrafted in Japan
- Blade Length 6 in. (152mm)
- Blade Steel VG10
- Blade Steel Layers 3 layer, san mai edge
- Blade Edge Non-Serrated
- Handle Material Textured TPE
The best sharpening tools for Japanese knives are leather strops and fine whetstones.